SURPRISE CAKE: CATHARINE E.
I checked my email recently to find a Surprise Cake form filled out for none other than our pediatrician as the recipient, and it made me so excited. We loooove Dr. Eleey. If it weren't for this woman, I'm not sure I would've made it out of Margot's bout of colic without completely losing it. She really put me at ease and helped me to kick the self doubt that I was experiencing. Turns out, these things just sometimes happen and I wasn't actually the world's worst mother!
Needless to say, it was an absolute pleasure to make her birthday cake this year. Here's the information I started with:
- Which Describes You Best, Simple/Classic or Fun/Adventurous? Either one!
- Please List Your Favorite Color(s): Purple.
- Flavors of Cake That You Are Open To: Banana, Vanilla.
- Which Flavors From the Menu Would You NOT Like Us to Use: Chocolate, Espresso, Mocha.
- Name At Least Five Flavors From the Menu Which You LIKE the Most: Salt & Pepper, Coconut, Salted Caramel, Strawberry, Almond.
- Would You Like Fresh Flowers Added: No.
- Banana Cake
- Salted Caramel Buttercream Filling
- Almond Buttercream Outside with Partial Purple Watercolor Finish
- Partial Salted Caramel Drip
- Slivered Almond and Saltine Crumble Topping with Purple Flowers*
*While they did not choose to add flowers to the top, I had some purple Statice that would go perfectly so I couldn't help but add them as a little bonus anyway (with her husband's approval of course, not everyone likes flowers on their cake). This is my baby girl's doctor, after all!
Happy Birthday, Dr. Eleey! See you in November! 😉