SURPRISE CAKE: ASHLEY T.
I thought it'd be fun to share with you all how each Surprise Cake gets to its final result. I've already written a bit about the process on Instagram (as well as this website!), but why not give you a little more insight into how each one specifically was formed?
Today's Surprise Cake was made to celebrate the birthday of Ashley Thomasson, the gal behind the amazing makeup artistry company, Love Beauty. Happy Birthday, Ashley!
Ashley started by filling out the Surprise Cake Questionnaire. Here were her answers, simplified:
- Which Describes You Best, Simple/Classic or Fun/Adventurous? Either One!
- Please List Your Favorite Colors: Purple, Navy, Gold.
- Flavors of Cake That You Are Open To: Chocolate, Vanilla.
- Which Flavors From the Menu Would You NOT Like Us to Use: Lemon, Peanut Butter, White Chocolate, Salted Sorghum, Strawberry, Oreo, Peppermint.
- Name At Least Five Flavors From the List Which You LIKE the Most: Salt & Pepper, Coconut, Chocolate Hazelnut, Cardamom, Espresso, Salted Caramel/Butterscotch.
- Would You Like Fresh Flowers Added: No.
And here you have the final product:
- Chocolate Cake
- Coffee Simple Syrup Soak
- Coconut Buttercream, Salted Caramel & Desiccated Coconut Filling
- Coconut Buttercream Outside in Purple Watercolor Finish
- Desiccated Coconut Topping
So there you have it! As you can see, I stuck to just a few of the flavors she gave. There are a couple of reasons why I ask for at least five favorite flavors off the menu though. First, it gives me a bit of wiggle room and allows for potentially unique or different combinations. More importantly, it leaves more room for surprise. If I asked a person to list just one or two, well, there wouldn't be much mystery at all, would there?
These are such a pleasure to make and I can't wait for the next one! ❤